Saturday, February 18, 2017

The 'Mess' list

College Days or Happy Days?
Bunk classes or listen to lectures?
What to do and what not to do?
I wonder, what is college life about!

Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates chose to startup,
Steve Jobs chose to wander around,
Chris Nolan chose to produce a lot of short-films.
And I was messing around!

I bunked classes, screwed my grades!
founded new clubs, led a fest,
wrote blogs, did short films,
did research projects, founded a startup!

But did I ruin my life?
I recall my college life and I repent,
my mess-list wasn't long enough
it was just one stanza long!

I am no Jobs, was no Gates, they're geeks!
But. are we different? Were they like me?
They may be they were nerdy or crazy,
but definitely not studious or disciplined.

They surely loved breaking rules,
they were the true rebels,
they were day-dreamers,
with a nice and long mess-list!

Little did they know,
that the little 'mess'es would grow,
into gigantic multi-national corporations
or into several-million-dollar films.

Were they lucky to discover what they loved?
Were they lucky to match passion with profession?
Do we have to serious towards our career?
How important is fun in our lives?

May be. rebels live life, to the fullest.
They don't wait for weekends,
they don't have to run away from their lives,
every moment is intense and fun!

So may be you're missing something,
if you haven't found your passion,
may be there is a lot in store for you,
do recognize the vistas of opportunities

Is it scary? Is it intimidating?
Can't leave the comfort zones?
Well, may be, a whole new world,
is waiting for you, break yourself free!

You could stand out,
You could express yourself,
And yes you could etch,
your story forever, within history!

Jobs, Zuckerberg, Nolan did,
so go ahead,break the shackles,
and etch your story, within history,
fill a poem with a mess-list!

------    PS   ------
Random thoughts post confusing discussions about Indian undergraduate students. My unlucky number of stanzas of confusion for young friends who are currently going through their happiest days of life.

To know my startup story- Sciensation which I founded at 19
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/sensitivities-startup-hiring-tarun-sciensation




3 comments:

  1. You seem to have a mix of feeling or mess of them surely, is it good or bad depends on are you happy with what you are or not....Padmasri

    ReplyDelete