Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The Lone Warrior

I am a Lone Warrior, I keep marching,
with a goal in mind, I keep marching,
in search of my destiny, I keep marching,
towards a better tomorrow, I keep marching

I may be alone today, I had an army yesterday,
I may be alone today, I will have an army tomorrow,
For now, I am on a mission, I am my army,
with head held high, I keep marching, I am a Lone Warrior

I experience highs, I experience lows, I experience them all,
I have won games, I have lost games, I have played them all,
winning from the jaws of victory,taught me character,
obiliviously, I keep marching, I am a Lone Warrior,

The ever evolving character helps me navigate through times,
through the day, I am a Leader, advancing swiftly,
through the night, I am a Protector, I staying behind,
leading the pack, I keep marching, I am a Lone Warrior,

Now that I am alone, I move faster, exploring,
I see more, inspecting the terrain, visualizing the tactics,
I eat anything I find, calculating, anticipating the future,
with new lessons, I keep marching, I am a lone warrior,

These lonely days are not many, I need to learn fast,
every single creature has so many stories to tell me,
the worth of every single resource has to be understood,
learning through, I keep marching, I am a Lone Warrior

Refusing to give up, digging through my mistakes, I learn,
to seek a new beginning, to conquer newer frontiers,
positioning myself strategically, for a better tomorrow,
Perseverantly, I keep marching, I am a Lone Warrior

My horse asks, are you alone, My breath asks me,
My energies ask me, My wisdom ask me, are you alone?
I realize the strongest of all armies, I realize me,
with new found energy, I keep marching, I am a Lone Warrior

Wherever I go, the skies give me a thundrous welcome,
I hear newer and newer songs which keep me going,
the adrenaline rush takes me to newer highs,
I keep marching though, I am a Lone Warrior

My horse is the lookout for newer pastures,
I am on the lookout for newer waters,
just so that my people find newer fortunes,
with hope, I keep marching, I am a Lone Warrior

My people join me, my character joins them,
my new found wisdom guides me, guides them,
we wake to the opportunities we never saw,
triumphantly, I keep marching, I am a Lone Warrior,

My people are now etched in pages of history,
as heroes, generations will now remember us forever, 
we'd go down some day, but our legacy is here to stay,
well, I keep marching, I am a Lone Warrior

I have a tale to tell the generations, it is my story,
I have always found newer territories alone,
I have always conquered them with my army,
and so, I keep marching, I am a Lone Warrior

As a king, as a fighter, I disown the praise,
leaving the songs to my men, I move forward,
towards what keeps me going, newer opportunities,
I explore, I keep marching, I am a Lone Warrior

Waking up to the inspiration, I release the brake,
I get back moving, to join the waiting army,
I keep advancing, to discover Hyderabad,
I am a Lone Warrior, I'm an entrepreneur!

4 comments:

  1. A very inspiring write-up Tarun
    Ultimately it's our motto striving to create a better society... Which keeps us moving.
    Let's never give up and reach our goals 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well written!!
    "I keep advancing, to discover Hyderabad"
    Was this pun or satire?

    ReplyDelete
  3. An inspiring poem that resonates with the reader empathising with the poet, Tarun

    ReplyDelete