Monday, October 8, 2012

From a scientist to a marketer

I find more joy in being the "reason" behind other's success than in own events
Marketing isn't mere advertising it actually adds life

Since school days, I wanted to be a "'scientist"'. Was called a "focussed" kid, who made a 15year study plan...BTech at IIT, PhD abroad, post doc and then of course "become" a scientist. My blogspots reminded me of this and the change in plans through the last few years.

I realized that "Gamaname na Gamyam...". Journey through great thoughts is my goal,  my destination...After all change is the only thing which is constant in life.

I had ventured into popular science activities due to passion for teaching. And the events required marketing to potential collaborators, audience and generous sponsors. I enjoyed that and I am now an aspiring marketer.

Three years of event management experiences. A great feeling it is, to pull off an event succesfully. Experiences,feedback,suggestions and  a lot of philosophy after the remains after flop. You would be badly waiting for the next event, for a comeback of sufficient magnitude to restore your brand image. But eventually you rise beyond success and failures.People trust in you and your abilities more than anything else. Its the honesty in the attempt which wins trust, after all those who dare to think different must have a big-heart to see their thoughts convert. They can understand you, they will back you.

Sekhar Kammula expressed his desire to turn to a producer and convert dreams of his assistants into good films. Perhaps this applies to anyone who worships his work. I find more joy in being the "reason" behind other's success than the fame through my own events. May be a bit too much, but marketing for others is serious fun and it gives a lot of satisfaction, difficult to compare or express that. There are many talented people aspiring to show the world something they found to be really really cool. But, they may not  poccess skills or may be they don't invest as much time in marketing than in innovation. Associating with such people and bringing cool thoughts to light is something satisfying.

People often see Marketing as something secondary. An MBA is a gateway to nice pay perks and it is seen as a money making profession. But several innovations would have never come to light unless a marketer puts his time and efforts into it, at least not to the scale to which a marketer can take it to. And ya I idolize Steve Jobs. It was his marketing genius, his packaging and the way he presents a product that makes "the" difference. Ipad and Ipod were not innovative products and the whole world knows that. But he had manipulated the tech-business, I salute that. I would personally never buy an apple product though!

Marketing isn't mere advertising it actually adds life to the product. I guess it would require a complete blog post to describe. Its Leadership,Innovation, about the people, the face of the product designs and descriptions which make the product more intuitive.

For now I guess I am happy meeting nice people and listening to their ideas. I was once concerned about achievements and scores. But now, I am love with life. New excitement and a whole new approach towards what I believe will be "kick" filled life.When VVS or Sachin are on fire, anybody would just want to be relishing the artistry from the non-striker's end. This post was about the excitement induced by really amazing experiences during the last few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment