Saturday, July 11, 2009

My future and College

Decided to join IISER Pune...had the option of joining IIT Roorkee, IISER Mohali, HCU...But thought that IISER Pune was the best place to go.
I am not really interested in confining myself to a particular area of a subject...so thought that Pure Science would be the best option available...Also research quotient in IITs is very low...The research projects in IISER would probably be exciting..
The +2 course was a perfect foundation for research since the faculty of FIITJEE were awesome and helped me in mastering the basic concepts. FIITJEE helped in learning things in life apart from math,phy n chem...Learnt the art of smart study,gained ideas...some times these ideas even took me into philosophy..The struggle of 2years realled paid off..in developing these skills and I hope IITJEE stays so that more students gain from this excellent system..was dissapointed wid my IITJEE result(AIR3754), but failure is the 1st step to success, so took it positively..

Started learning C,C++, JAVA...which would probably help me with my projects...Started writing programs to find primes in a faster way, computing score cards of fantasy leagues,notes makers etc..I would have probably learnt this better had I chosen MSc in Mathematics and Scientific Computing in IIT Kanpur which I wud hav got inspite of the huge rank, but IIT K is known to be a place where even a backlog wud mean 1yr extra studies dere...And IISER has a + as far as math,bio,phy n chem r concerned...not really happy wid d curiculum and teaching of NIIT..so srching for a good book on C,C++..Ppl recommended me Walter Savitch, Balaguruswamy, RobertLefer...preferrin d last one as it was recommended by my sir at NIIT..

After getting this BS and MS dual from IISER, I plan to do MS again abroad since many Universities dont recongise 4+1 course and they demand 4+2courses for Bachelor's and Master's degree respectively..

After this a PhD would obvsly be a good bonus..so planning to do that as well..But considering the remote case of losing interest in research, i can leave research and search for a job as MS abroad is equivalent to MTech in India...so i m not really losing much by refusin a BTech course...

Just hoping for the best, n gettin prepared for the exciting world of math,phy,chem,bio and computers....

3 comments:

  1. wow....gr8 re...bst of luck for ur future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a plan. Good. Be flexible around the plan. You will certainly earn the doctoral degree and do some significant research projects.
    Best wishes. It is nice that you are helping others with their studies now itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you have a plan mapped out...
    good luck and best wishes..

    ReplyDelete