Friday, March 4, 2022

The real glory

When the strong get stronger

When the pure get purer

When the pinnacle is nearer

When the legacy actually begins 


But the opportunity is turned down 

Credit is denied, nothing is expected

The words are not understood

But the conviction transcends words


The soul meets self, it's beyond, 

It's beyond pain and pleasure, 

It's the equi-animous moment, 

It's the moment when you go beyond


It's the moment with no desires

It's the moment with no expectations

It's the moment with no guilt

Its the rejuvenation moment 


It's heavy, but the endurance is within, 

The world won't resonate, but it's okay, 

A few stories are meant for the world, 

Not meant for the world to comprehend


Few words are incomprehensible, 

But the actions better impact, 

The survival is in those deeds, 

The currency is what your heart counts


You wake up stronger, you take it all, 

You may have to, you really want to

It's a long journey, the wounds rise high

This is a different experience


I'm judged, I forgive

I'm not understood, I empathize

I intimidate, I don't intend 

Am I pure, I question 


Am I selfish, I question 

Am I seeking pleasure or purpose

Does pain become pleasure 

Do purpose become life 


I write so I can remember

The cost of the tomorrow I create

The you becomes I, for only I knows

I would remember this feeling, I hope



1 comment:

  1. Haven't read such deep poetry in quite a while now. Especially love the para:-
    "I write so I can remember

    The cost of the tomorrow I create

    The you becomes I, for only I knows

    I would remember this feeling, I hope"

    ReplyDelete